From:
Kiffany Stanczyk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 11:46:12 -0500
Hello,
Thanks to everyone who wrote with advise on the distemper vaccination
schedule for my new kit.  He is from Marshall farms and the first shot he
received there was before he was 8 weeks old.  This was too young and his
immune system was not developed enough.  So he needs to get three more
shots, not just two, to complete the series.

My question is for my older ferret, Bailey.  He is about 7 months old and
is also from Marshall farms.  I assumed that the first shot that he got
from Marshalls counted towards one in the series of three that he needs for
distemper.  So he only got two more shots, one at 10 weeks and one at 14
weeks.  Is this enough to protect him?  Should he get another?  He is now
7 months old.

Thanks for all the help,
Kiffany Stanczyk