From:
Tryntje Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 19:56:45 -0400
Hello everyone.

I can't say that we are much further ahead after seeing the vet but at least
it isn't serious, yet.  Vohmitting (sp) is not common with ferrets and yet
it can be a symptom for many things.  The vet said this as well as the dozen
or so responses that I received from various people on this list (thanks
again to all by the way).  He has ruled out a number of things and even
though it is a tough call at this point, we are treating Sadie for a
hairball blockage (at least a partial blockage) as well as some kind of
stomach problem (I forget the term) which may include ulcers.  She is on
Clavamox drops twice a day and Metronidazole (one tenth of a tablet - was it
fun measuring this out) twice a day as well as a strip of petromalt every
other day.  She will be on this regime for 2 weeks and hopefully everything
will be ok.  Otherwise, we could be looking at exploratory surgery to find a
blockage or sending a stomach sample to get biopsied, or whatever the
terminology is.  Pray for Sadie.  I don't want to loose her in the same way
we lost Snoopy.

Snuggle your babies.  You just never know how long they are going to be with
you.  Make every minute count.

Take care.
Tryntje Miller.