From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 1995 22:31:46 -0600
Hi guys--
    I've been reading the FML for sometime, but this is my first post.  I
just wanted to tell you about my odd ferret-Gizmo.  We found him in our
backyard, about a year ago, when he was about four months old.  We found out
later he most likely got there through our neighbors yard-they have two very
large chows.  But to get to the odd part about Giz-he is a vegetarian.
Don't laugh, he is probably just worried about his cholesterol.  He will not
eat meat or meat flavored treats, although he did eat a cockroach.  He
stalked it and tore it limb from limb, not a pretty picture.  So, I guess he
has a carnivorous instincts, he craves the hunt.  But, I guess he has to
think of his arteries first.  He eats Mazuri, so he probably does not need
extra protien, but I love to give him treats, and marshmallows have too much
sugar.  Any high protien, vegetarian treat suggestions would be appreciated.
He doesn't like peanut butter either, he got ahold of a glob and almost
choked, now he won't touch the stuff, odd.  He also won't eat eggs and milk
products, I think one to many knocks on the head.  Anyway, thanks--Maria.