Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 10:20:30 +1300
Imagine 11 ferrets, loose in the bathroom, one shower running... and you
have a recipe for a *very* big mess in the bathroom LOL

Ferrets may not, as a rule, like baths, but *showers* are a different
matter altogether.  Turn the shower on, and let 'em rip.  LOL I ended up
with eleven VERY wet fuzzies, one floor covered in water, and an empty
shampoo bottle once their impromptu 'bath' was over.  I ended up having to
shove them all in the carrier when they discovered that my previously
ferret proof bathroom now had a hole under the bath which had appeared when
some family visited, and I hadn't noticed <sigh> So, they ended up getting
to play under the bath before coming out to find out what had happened to
the rest of them LOL

While they were in the bathroom, I'd prepared the ferret room for them
(it's only had the little girl with the broken leg in it for the past week,
while they were all in the outdoor cage) Once they were all accounted for
and in the carrier, the carrier went into the ferret room, door was closed,
and eleven still slightly damp ferrets were released into freedom.

Their toys (not allowed in the outdoor cage) immediately attracted the kits
attention, and several kits ended up spinning in circles with a little ball
'glued' to their noses!  The softer 'cloth' balls were picked up and
carried a small way before being tossed in the air and batted to the other
end of the room.  One sleep sack ended up being defended by one little girl
who decided that it was *her* towel to finish drying off, and one as yet
unsecured water bowl went skidding across the floor.  Several wardances,
wrestling matches, tumbles, leaps, and treats (I couldn't help it!) later
and they still weren't the least bit tired.  Amazing how a bath can
revitalise a ferret!

For those who'd like to know how the little girl with the broken leg is
progressing, she's doing well.  It's been eight days since she broke her
leg, and two days ago decided to wardance... so she's definitely improving.
She sees her vet for a follow up this afternoon, and I'll find out if
she'll be okay staying in confinement, or if she'll need her leg being
pinned after all.  With the progress she's already made to date (she's
definitely using her leg now) I'd hazard a guess the vet will suggest
keeping her in confinement will be the best idea.

I'll post when I get the word on how well the vet thinks she's going, but I
have a good feeling that it won't be long before she's 100% again.

Sam

To see some awesome ferret cards, drop in on
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~fanmail/cards/ferretcard.htm