From:
Sara Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 18:15:11 EST
Hello, I am new to FML and new to being a ferret owner.  I have been
interested in having a ferret for a long time.  For Christmas my husband
finally bought me one.  He's wonderful.  He's better than I ever thought
possible.  I told my husband I totally understand now why people have 13
or 14 ferrets.  Before Avery came I would say how crazy people must be to
have to so many.

I have been trying to learn as much as I possibly can about ferrets.  I
have learned so much and yet I still feel like I know so little.  What I
am looking for is some ferret owners in the Olympia Washington area.  I
would like to know if they can recommend a good vet.  I know that I need
to take Avery in for his shots and a checkup but I'm so hesitant to just
take him to any vet.  I would like to take him to someone who has some
experience with ferrets.  If anyone can help me I would be greatly
appreciative.  Also my husband and I have decided that one ferret is not
enough.  I would love to adopt my next one from a shelter.  (Avery is from
a pet store)  If you have any suggestions on that I would love to hear from
you as well.  I love this site because reading everyone's posts have given
me some great ideas.  But I will be constantly looking for more ideas and
info.

Thanks so much.
Sara, Grady and *Avery*

A little one I love is alive today because of organ donation!