From:
"Mrs. Duck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 1996 09:44:23 -0400
Hi all- Good News!  Thanks to everyone who wrote, called, faxed and
e-mailed, Governor Whitman has become involved in the situation, her office
has been indunated!  We ran three fax machines out of paper.  The ferrets
are in the custody of the Plaintiff's vet- but no one seems to know their
current whereabouts.  Hopefully we can find them before it's too late.
Reports are that there is much onterest in the Governors office regaurding
the situation.  Now that the interest is piqued, perhaps we can get a bill
passed giving our beloved ferrets the same rights as dogs, or at minimum,
the same laws that NH has regarding quarantine after a biting incident.
Keep up the pressure!  If you haven't faxed or called or e-mailed yet,
please do!  This can only help the cause in CA, HI and all areas where
ferrets are currently outlaws.

-Mrs.  Duck