From:
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 13:13:01 -0800
>From:    Caroline Jones aka CJ <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: CJ wants to say a few words about the Tyson ferrets
>Well to sum it up, I gave he photos and the whole story to the Nat.
>Enq., before you flame me and say I sold out.

Whatever it takes to get the money.  That is far less of a sell out than
other things some shelters are already doing.  "Selling" the story to even
the tabloids was directly related to helping ferrets and seeking justice
for the poor ferret 'Apology'.

If sheltering is about taking care of the ferrets and finding them new
homes, and that takes money then why shouldn't you do what you need to do
to get that money in any legal and ethical manner?

Add our names to the list of folks glad you are doing what you do out
there.

>From:    hotdish <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: While I was away...

>P.S.  I like seeing all the posts from shelters who have ferrets up for
>adoption, but can we possibly eliminate the subtle marketing attempts of
>certain breeders from the list?

Why?  Ferret breeders do far more for ferrets than many people are willing
to admit.  And far more for shelters than is often acknowledged.

If you do not like the way particular breeders 'promote' themselves then
by golly, don't get any ferrets from them.

It does NOT do the ferret owning community anygood to try to divide it up
by making some heroes and some villians when in fact we are all really more
or less on the same 'team'.

Now if you have particular problems with a particular breeder on particular
issues, perhaps bring them up, particularly rather than sort of slighting
all breeders in a very nebuous way.  We can not tell from that comment
whether you mean folks like us that do breed and have mentioned that from
time to time or someone else that is doing something differently.

b&d
--
bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets