From:
christine newkirk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 10:05:20 -0700
Hi guys,

I know I'm not a "famous" FML'er, my ferrets have never been on the cover
of anything, and I know my post wasn't as important as the nasty ferret
articles or euthanasia.  Heck, perhaps it's not even as important as
discussions of psychic powers!  I just thought maybe someone would
respond to my question.  At least to tell me what a bad ferret mom I am,
or SOMEthing.  You guys have never let me down before.  Please let's not
turn the FML into one of those "clique-ey" lists where only the "cool"
people actually get any good out of it!  I've been here before when
the list was totally wrapped up in just _two_ people's business (which
probably should have been kept between themselves.) I thought most of us
were OUT of high school.

I know you guys are busy, so maybe you missed the post.  It was on the
27th.  My albino ferret, Dustbin, has what looks like backed-up blood in
the vein area of his back toes.  Almost each one has this, like it has
been bleeding inside the nail a little bit.  It doesn't seem to hurt
him.  Did I wait too long between nail-clippings and he caught them on
something?  Does he need more out of cage time?  (He gets around 3 hrs
a day, usually) Is it something else?  I don't want to drag him to the
vet if it's just a simple thing, but I don't want to ignore something
serious.  Also, if something I'm doing/not doing is hurting him, I need
to fix that.  His cagemate is fine, by the way.

Again, thank you all.  The wealth of ferret knowledge on the list is
invaluable to me.  In the past, at least one person on the list has
replied to my posts, even to give me an opinion on my life which wasn't
asked for.  I couldn't believe it when I eagerly read today's issue and
not ONE post said anything about my problem.  I read all of YOUR posts.
Every day.  And when I get backed up, (yeah, I have a job and go to
school, too so I'm not perfect...) I make sure to at least scan to see
if I can help anyone.  Usually people get replies from people more
knowledgeable than myself. ;)

C'mon, doesn't anyone want to tell me I'm a bad ferret parent?  Or that
I'm being silly and have nothing to worry about?  Or that my psychic
powers are but a delusion of grandeur and that I really am only receiving
communications from aliens?

-Christine
and Dustbin and Mab