From:
Mark Schafer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 1995 23:32:57 -0500
First off I want to thank Meg Carpenter for all of her help with suggestions
on how to take care of Buddy after adrenal surgery.  Meg Thank You.
Dr. Williams thank you for your advice about Buddy needing surgery.

Our Buddy had adrenal surgery about 3 weeks ago at that time our vet removed
the left and half of the right adrenal gland, we took Buddy home that night
because he was so mad our vet thought it would be less stressful on him if
he was at home.  On about the second day I gave Meg a call about after care
knowing she has been thru it, and would be able to help, at that time Meg
told us how she treats ferrets after adrenal surgery so that is the advice I
followed ( Meg also told me if the problem we were having continues contact
our vet).  Buddy is now doing great so much energy his fur has grown back
still short but at least his body is covered now, he has gained almost 3 oz.
since surgery.

I for one appreciate both the advice from non-vets and vets. And I am sure
there is some vets out there that appreciates all of the info available from
both too.

We should be  thankful there is so many nice people on this list trying to
help our babies out.
--
Mark Schafer