From:
"Susan D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 19:43:42 EDT
I just had to share a few comments I've received recently.  I find it so
interesting sometimes how others view pets.  I have six ferrets and one has
had two surgeries since I got him a year ago.  He's been to the vet a lot
recently.  My sister stopped by to pick up my niece and was asking about
the ferrets.  I was telling her about Oscar, his latest surgery, seizures,
grinding whole chickens, etc.  She said, "Why don't you just put him to
sleep?  You have five other ferrets." Then the other night I called my
brother and was asking about his vet and he wanted to know what was going
on.  So I gave him the same history and he suggested I put Oscar to sleep
to save my money.  Neither of the comments were made with malice or
meanness, it's just how they see things.  But to balance it out, my friends
always include the fur family on their Christmas lists.  And my nieces and
nephews love them.  They love to come over and take their shoes off so the
ferrets will go after their feet!!  Then there's my mom, always calling to
see how the grandferrets are doing.  : )

Susan D.