From:
Bobbie Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 10:39:51 -0400
Hi all,
Its been awhile since I have posted.  Right now I need your positive
thoughts and prayers for Joey.  In about 30 minutes I have to take him in to
Dr. Brown for exploratory surgery.  He has a large hard round mass in his
abdomen.  She is not sure what it is.  He had his blood work done and his
Lymp count is high and the x-ray shows this mass.  The only sign I had that
something was wrong was, the amount of time he spent sleeping.  He seems to
be sleeping much more than he used to and when he is awake he doesn't play
as much as he did a few weeks ago.

I thought maybe he was older then the pet shop told me he was.  According to
Dr. Brown he is older, but not enough to make a difference.  When I got Joey
in October of '96', the pet shop told be he was 6 mos. old.  Dr. Brown thinks
he is about a year older then that.  She looked at his teeth and said he
looks to be about 2 1/2 yr. old.

I know this post is a little late and by the time everyone gets it Joey will
be out of surgery, but it makes me feel better knowing that all of you will
be thinking of him.  He is my first baby and I am having a real hard time
with this.  Joey is a Marshall Farms ferret and I read so much here and on
the internet about problems, cancer and other things that ferrets get that I
scare myself to death.  Please send us your prayers (if you pray) and your
good thoughts, we could sure use them.

I will let you know how it goes.

Bobbie
Joey and Toby (the boys)