From:
Heather Jane Bilicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 1995 13:21:14 -0400
Twinkie just had his surgery to remove a suspected mast cell tumor a few days
ago and is doing just fine. He was a real trouper and has left the incision
site alone for the most part.  The main problem is keeping him calm so as to
not put too much stress on his sutures.  Try telling a ferret that bouncing all
around and scaling his cage is not a good idea :)  Pretzel misses his buddie
but we will allow supervised play sessions once Twinkie has had a little more
time to recoup.  We tried a short play session yesterday, but Pretzel just
wanted to tackle Twinkie and Kit Kat seemed a little too interested in the
stitches.  Pickle just wants to get at Twinkie's water bottle.  Never a cage
chewer, he was frantically trying to squeeze his head through the bars to get
at the water.  They have the same type of bottle so it was kind of strange to
see his determination to get to Twinkie's bottle.

Thanks Dr. Williams for the information.  Our vet used just gas and Twinkie
came around in record time.  By nighttime, he was out exploring the room but
suffered from an unsteady gait.  He experienced a little bruising which greatly
concerned my husband but it went away after a day.  His appetite was good and
he seemed a bit thirsty.

One added bonus, our treatment for his tail hair loss seems to finally be
working.  Even Mike noticed the fine hairs growing back on his tail!

Heather
Pickle (But Mom, Twinkie's water bottle IS better.  See how it drips when I
        shake the cage?)
Kit Kat (Ah, Mom, I LIKE crawling up your shorts.  It's the only thing I
        want to  do.  Now if you'll just let me, I won't nip- I PROMISE.)
Twinkie (Boy, this is the life-lot's of attention, raisins, and nutrical.
        <YAWN> Time for a little nap.)
Pretzel (When can I play with Twinks?  I miss him.  He's my best buddie.  I
         guess I will just have to content myself will knocking over all of the
         books.)