From:
Cindy Sooy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 1994 02:53:00 -0400
Dr. Williams,

Thank you for getting back to me on the results of the pathology on
Dream's testicle. I'm relieved that no tumors were found. How will
this affect Dream's fertility? He ran a high fever 104+ for about
four days. Can that have affected the other testicle's ability to
produce sperm? If it turns out he is sterile, at least I have one
litter from him. My son's jill gave birth to 3 kits last Sat. She's
a sable mitt and Dream is a badger and we're curious to see what
they produced.

I never noticed any sign of trauma to Dream's testicle. There were
no wound or bite marks. Would the skin have to be broken for this to
happen? Could a fall cause the epididymis to rupture? He's jumped
from my arms while I was standing up several times. He's young and
doesn't seem to realize that he could get hurt jumping from heights.
Also, he's in season and only thinks about one thing, "Cruisin' for
Babes". So if I'm holding him and he hears one in the other room he
forgets everything and has to head for her. Would being in season
make him more prone to this type of injury?

Regarding my sprite, Starrs, I didn't mean to give the impression
that she was completely cured of the effects of an adrenal tumor.
She still has a slightly swollen vulva and she's not growing any
hair on her hind end and the base of her tail. But she's growing it
on her sides, her belly and the top of her head. (She had a wrinkly
little bald head.) It's not that she looks so good now, it's more
that relative to how she looked before, she's a completely new
ferret.

Thanks again for all you've done.

Cindy Sooy