From:
ferret lover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 07:04:27 -0800
Okay!  I have to step forward here!  The whole "unsanitary vet" thread has
me a little concerned.  I didn't post earlier because my time has to be
rationed these days....but I couldn't let this go by me!  I have never had
a vet in my life who DIDN'T take precautions!  Perhaps I have been very
fortunate with my choice of vets because mine are always available after
hours, they accept payments and they know and trust my knowledge and
judgment.  I have two vets right now-one for the horse and one for the
small animals.  The horse vet carries a bottle that he pours over his
hands before he works with the horse.  The small animal vet washes his
hands right in front of me at the sink in the examining room.  He has two
examining rooms-both with sinks!  I have seen his tech spray the tables and
wipe them down....then she places a new, clean towel on the table.  I can
honestly I have no fears whatsoever about my animals catching anything from
either of my vets!  If you have problems or concerns with the vet you are
currently using....I suggest you change vets!!

=====
Judy Cooke
Tyson, Hope, and Einstein

"The world is made up for the most part of morons and natural tyrants, sure
of themselves, strong in their own opinions, never doubting anything."
Clarence Darrow