From:
"David J. Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 1996 15:03:07 -0400
The newcomer has been here 8 days so far. Weight has increased by almost 2
ounces so my guess is that the big feet ARE significant.

If your ferrets don't seem interested in their toys I suggest getting
another ferret.  Every time the new one shows the slightest interest in a
neglected toy it will immediately become a most prized possesion of one of
the original crew, to be defended and protected at all costs.

If your ferrets seem a little listless and slow after the winter I suggest
getting another ferret.  Every time the opportunity arises the newcomer will
jump on one of the others and stir things up until you have ferrets running
every which way.

If the scars on your feet, legs and arms are healed I suggest getting
another ferret.  Every time the opportunity arises the newcomer will eagerly
open all the old wounds.  Particularly when you try and _protect_ him from
the the other gang who are intent on dragging him round the room.

Does anyone know why vets make us lie to them when we go for rabies shots by
asking: "has he bitten anyone in the last two weeks"?  If they _HADN'T_
bitten me in the last couple of weeks I would have taken them in sooner to
find out what was wrong :)