From:
Suni Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 1997 18:06:19 -0400
For all interested in the ferret bill, AB 363(and I'm guessing that's all of
us), it passed the assembly this morning by a vote of something like 53-8, a
majority to say the least.  Now we are on to the Senate (first stop is the
Natural Resources and Wildlife committee) which will be the hardest to
tackle, so please keep up-to-date and continue to write, fax, e-mail and
call your representatives in the Senate.  We will have to pass this Senate
committee, then Senate Appropriations, then the Senate, after which the bill
will finally go to the Governer's desk.  It's a long road, but with
everyone's effort and support, we can prevail!

Don't forget to write your thank you letters to your assembly
respresentatives, and to Jeanne & Floyd Carley, as well as Jan Goldsmith and
his office for all their hard work and dedication in getting the bill this
far.