From:
Tryntje Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 19:58:32 -0400
Another star is sparkling in the sky tonight because Scooter, one of the
world's finest ferret ambassadors was helped over the Rainbow Bridge today.
He was truly a people person, I mean ferret, and the kindest, most gentle
little sweetheart that you could ever imagine.  When he came to live with
us a few years ago, we introduced him to a few of our other crew and he
stood back, gasped, and with the most shocked look on his face screemed,
"WHAT ON EARTH IS THAT?!?!?!?" We could never get him used to other ferrets
no matter how hard we tried, and he never wanted to.  He was a loner as far
as ferrets were concerned and strickly a people ferret.  Loved to be with
people.

Scooter was 7 yr. old and had been sick with many things, including an
enlarged spleen (so large we were afraid it was going to burst) and
Lymphosarcoma.  He had been sick for several months.  We almost lost him a
few months ago and remarkably, he pulled through, although not completely.
Living on duck soup alone for several weeks made him well (along with
medications of course), to a point.  His spleen never did shrink but he
perked up, put on some weight, and began to climb again.  He took a turn
for the worse and was visibly in pain and very uncomfortable.  In a day or
so we will know exactly what his problem was.  Scooter, my beautiful baby,
we love you so and miss you so much already.  Goodbye sweety.  Say "hi" to
Buddy, Josie, Sadie, Snoopy, Sarah, Bear, Dyna, Willie, Toby, Chelsea and
Josie's 2 babies that didn't make it past days one and 2.  We still miss
them too.  Some day we will all be together again.

Tryntje Miller.