Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 15:34:03 -0400
I've used peppermint essential oil as an ant repellent before, and it
worked well.

Also against ants, I've heard that ground cloves are a great repellent
sprinkled around their "tunnel" entrances, as are dried penny
royal/peppermint/spearmint leaves, cucumber ends, or eucalyptus essential
oil.  I've also been told that ants will retreat from lines of talcum
powder or chalk or cayenne pepper.  (I don't have any ants, so I haven't
had an opportunity to put any of these theories to the test!)

Hope that helps!

- Ela

Ela Heyn
Harborside Mail Stop 3024