From:
Deva Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2010 15:12:58 -0700
When one of my ferrets walks into the room,
1. I have been trained to repeatedly say their name while acting like
a pot of gold was just sat before me or they will stick their little
noses in the air and turn around and leave the room.
2. At feeding time for soup, the temperature must be a certain degree
and I have to dip my finger in the soup and let each ferret lick my
finger before they will eat it on their own.
3. If I feed them some Ferretvite, I have to put a dab on each finger
and stretch my fingers wide open so that each ferret can have his own
finger to lick.
4. If I am busy and ignoring the ferrets, when I look down, they are
all on their backs with their tummies in the air wanting tummy rubs.
This is a weakness of mine and I stop whatever I am doing and rub all
their tummies before they can go play.
5. If they have Ferretone, I must use the same small dish with the same
amount in each dish and serve them all at the same time while calling
their name as the dish is placed in front of them.
6. Each ferret MUST have a 30 minute personal playtime with me at least
once a day. At this time I am not allowed to play, look at or call
another ferrets name.
7. If one ferret gets to frisky with another ferret who doesn't want to
play, they come up to me and I have to pick up the ferret that wants
rescuing.

What are some of your things that your ferrets have taught you?