From:
Julie Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 16:27:18 -0800
The other night, my SO and I arrived home from work, and I opened my
truck door, and....I was staring at a bunny rabbit.  No, TWO bunny
rabbits, in my front yard with.... one of my cats.  My first thought was,
"Uh-oh." (The calico, Daddy's Little Angel, sneaks out sometimes to annoy
the turtle doves in the yard.  Just because they move.  Although we live
in the middle of Vegas, thank goodness- it's a cul-de-sac.)

So here is Angel, nose-to-nose with a bunny!  Not only was she friendly
with them, she was PROTECTING them!  There are a LOT of feral cats in
Vegas; I rescued a neighborhood kitten last year, my lovebug Cricket.
Angel was preventing the feral cats from approaching the bunnies.  I
would not have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.  I
recognized the bunnies as belonging to my new neighbors, so my hunny got
them, and we herded the bunnies back into their cage.  Only then would
Angel go inside.  Turns out they had been out for a while.  I hate to
think what would have become of them if I hadn't (carelessly) allowed
Angel outside....I am so proud of her!

( She was raised from a kitten by my oldest boy Jeepers.  He dragged her
around by the scruff and she slept in his hammock.  She finally figured
out she wasn't really a ferret when she no longer fit in the tunnels!
But she has always been gentle with other animals...'cept for those
poor birds... )

Sorry it's a bit OT. Just had to share!

Julie & the Woozles
21stCenturyFerret.com
"Ferrety stuff for ferrety people"
Dedicated to the support of
24 Carat Ferret Rescue & Shelter, Las Vegas