From:
Paul Levert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 1996 07:51:18 -0500
Again, These markings on my two female ferrets are not ring-worm.  I have
seen ring-worm before, and this doesn't come close.  Both circles are on
their bellies.  One circle is next to each hind leg.  I really don't think
that they are tattoos because the fur over them has also changed color.
Both girls are Marshall ferrets, and have the regular double tattos on their
ears.  Now I just got a new 4-month dark silver male.  He doesn't have these
marks.  If any one of you has a sable, or darker colored female, please
check her for these marks and tell me.  It really confuses me.  These marks
do not, in any way, affect the girls, or bother them.

                        Thanks again all!
                            Michele

P.S.- Our new boy is going to be named Rocky Blue. (The blue part is
because his fur has a blueish tint to it. And I don't think he's a
Marshall ferret because he only has one tatoo in his left ear. But he is
altered and descented.)