From:
Deborah Andelin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 09:02:43 -0700
Hello Fellow FML'ers:

I am posting with regards to the advertisement for "10 Days to a Trained
Ferret" in the FML Advertising Issue #10.  This company and Nancy Wilson
the author of the book have gained a very poor reputation in my area.  She
had promised many Ferret Anonymous members that if they would receive
immediate shipping of the book if they sent a money order as opposed to a
personal check..... well over two months later (even after I went through
the hassle of getting a money order) I recieved the book.  Only after I had
left numerous messages for Nancy did she finally respond (she doesn't
respond well to messages, get ready to be shined on).  I requested my money
back and she agreed, but instead she shipped the book registered mail, so I
had to go to the post office and sign for it and since I had not idea what
I was accepting I signed and opened it after I had left the post office.
If you have nothing better to do on you Saturdays but stand in line at the
post office, since they close long before most of us get off of work.  I
wasn't the only person who had problems getting their copy of the book,
another Ferrets Anonymous Member had to trace Nancy through the bank where
her check was cashed.  Which turned out to be a long and arduous process.

In the opinion of those who have the book and those I've loaned my copy
to..... it wasn't written for ferrets.  Most feel it was a waste of their
money and time.

Think twice about purchasing this publication.

Good Luck,

Debbie Andelin

[Moderator's note: Any other reviews?  I haven't seen the book myself.  BIG]