From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2012 07:27:19 -0700
The alpha trak is made by Abbott. When I bought mine you could only get
it through a vet. Dr. Evans is the inventor. They initially talked of
making a ferret only alpha trak but Dr. Evans shared with me that the
dog and ferret readings of the glucose are so close it made no sense to
develop another product when this one worked so well for ferrets on the
dog setting.

As was mentioned only a few weeks ago on the FML, if you should have
trouble with readings on the alpha trak, you should take a strip and
run it in and out of the meter several times to clear any issues on
the contacts.

When I spoke with Dr. Evans, he also sent me a free vilal for the
losses I had with errors. I am sitting on the fence more and more re:
the alpha trak because of the many issues I have encountered and what
I paid for it. Some of it is blood samples and some of it is the
machine's failure to work when I need it most. When it works it works
well and when it doesn't I want to watch it become wall art.

The contact info is as follows. www.alphatrakmeter.com
or customer service toll free @ 800-299-7416.

Good health to all the fuzzies.

Cathy Ryan