From:
Lorraine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:36:39 -0400
I am so impressed with all the responses and all the knowledge that
came after the article was posted about why are ferrets so sickly.  My
question is "what is the best diet".  I buy Marshall's ferret food
thinking it is the best, but now I wonder if a 'kibble' food is good for
my little guy.  I understand from the literature I have read that they
need high fat and high protein.  I have increased his fat intake by
adding the healthy fats in a health food store.  But how can I get him
the protein he needs without the kibble.  His diet is so limited.  Some
occasional cantaloupe, a little squash and occasional raisin and
cheerios.  Little things he enjoys but no protein rich food?  What is
the ideal diet to keep our little fuzzies healthy?  Thanks for any help!

LSK