From:
[log in to unmask] (kristen herzog)
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 94 12:53:12 EDT
        Hello, all!  Thanks so much for all of the advice on roach
removal - the bathroom and the kitchen were the only areas sprayed, so
it wasn't as big of a pain in the butt as I head feared!  Of course,
the furries are banned from those two areas until they've been cleaned
up, and of course, they are suddenly the ONLY two rooms my ferrets
want to be in!  (Funny how it works that way...)
        Now that one crisis is passed, I have one MORE questions for
y'all -  what is the best recommendation for ear mite
medicine?  Should I go for a gentle cat formula, or is there something
else I should look into?
        Finally, I have a funny story to share....  One night, about a
week ago, teh education department had a speaker that I couldn't miss.
I wasn't able to leave the furries at home, so I took them for a
vigorous walk and then tucked them into their bag for a long nap.
They slept right through the whole lecture!  Afterwards, there was a
small reception with the usual cookies, fruit, and coffee.  Nesta
IMMEDIATELY awoke to the smell of chocolate chip cookies with raisins
and wanted out.  Not in a minute, not later, but NOW.  I grabbed a
cookie and ran into the vestibule of the auditorium to quiet him down.
My education professor walked out, saw the ferret, and was charmed.
Nesta, being the flirt that he is, crawlled right out of the bag on my
shoulder and right up he arm to nestle her shoulder.  This resulted in
him being paraded around to the rest of the faculty at the recpetion!
He was a hit!  Roo, as always, poked her head out once, was instanly
bored, and curled back up to sleep.  It was a sight to see!
        Oh well, enough of my proud, parentlike bragging.  Hello to
all fuzzies out there!
        -Kristen, Roo, and Nesta  (who prefer dook-dook to chittering!)

Kristen Herzog
These are my opinions. Promise.

End of network mail