From:
Denise Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2007 10:30:47 -0800
Denise's Delightful Dookers Ferret Rescue (volunteers & Denise) wishes
to thank ALL of the wonderful people who were Santa to the dookers. It
meant sooooo much and the dookers are enjoying all of the bedding,
goodies, toys, food, and hating the q-tips, the ear wash, etc....but we
know it's for their own good. lolol

This was the first year that DDDFR participated and I have to say that
all of the Santas were the most wonderful, kind, caring, loving people
I have ever met and some neat friendships have developed because of
it...The other neat thing to me was that this involved people from all
over the world. WOW!! What how short the miles seem when we e-mail.
Presents came from Australia, New Jersey, New York, Florida, Minnesota,
Mississippi, Great Britain, Washington State (yeaa), Arizona, Illinois,
Georgia, Colorado, California, Connecticut and Oregon. This has been
the most wonderful experience and I hope the giving tree continues. (I
promise, I will get better at taking care of things in a 'timely
fashion'.)

I have posted on the website (www.washingtonferret.com) a big thank you
to all of you because it was easier there than in 2 or three other
places and I humbly apologize for not letting a couple of you know that
the gifts were received. I thot I had e-mailed everyone, but alas...I
am human and I goofed up. I have sent the Thank You's (some addresses
are needed yet)....they are in the mail...YEAAAA!

Right now, with a shelter of 73 ferrets (it went down from 85 to
73..yesssss) (32 with adrenal, insulinoma and/or lymphoma) and only a
couple of consistent volunteers, acknowledgements were not getting done
in a "timely" fashion, and for that I apologize. I not only run the
shelter but I also work outside of the home and have a teenager in high
school and disabled husband at home and with only so many hours in the
day there have to be priorities......family and ferts are it! (We also
had that huge wind that knocked out power for us for 5 days just before
Christmas...what a cold mess that set things back a bit) I hope you all
understand.

Now, there are some of you Santas that I still don't have a home
address to send the Thank you to. I have e-mailed you and
asked---PLEASE e-mail me with your home address-- I would appreciate
it. Also, pics are finally being taken...Thanks for your patience. I
won't be sending them out individually, but will be putting them on
thewebsite: (www.washingtonferret.com) in the Photo Gallery.

Thanks for your patience, your gifts, your love and caring. The ferret
community is one of the most giving and loving community I have ever
been involved in. THANK YOU !!!

                      "IT'S ALL FOR THE FERRETS"

Have a 'ferret' day.
denise