From:
Candy Kroupa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 17:21:05 -0500
Jenny, our ferret Drifter got his name because the person we got him from
hadn't named him yet, & he was already several months old when we got him.
So we called him "the ferret with no name" after Clint Eastwood's "man with
no name" movies: High Plains Drifter.  So Drifter might be good, but Clint
would be better - to go with the other name you mentioned.  Or there's
always Nemo .  .  .  although overused to the max.

Re: age of neutering - I haven't noticed a correlation here - we had one
male that wasn't neutered until he was 1-1/2 years old, and he never reached
4 lb.  Another we got already neutered prior to 3 months old and he went
OVER 4 lb.!  I would think that they would get bigger if you neutered them
early, not late.  But at any rate, I just finished reading yet another
ferret book and this one says you shouldn't get a ferret neutered/spayed
prior to 6 mo.  old, because of the unnecessary physical stress on an
already-stressed infant ferret.  Also the concern was that at that young an
age, the surgery is more difficult for the vet as well, and there would be
more chance for error.  While the ones I see in the stores seem healthy, I
guess we wouldn't see the ones who didn't make it, would we?  What do the
vets on line think on this subject?

CJK
Drifter (you're gonna do WHAT?)
Judah (what are those?)