From:
Holly Gorrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 22:01:04 -0500
It looks like I may be taking in a rescue in the near future.  I had
posted a few weeks ago about a ferret that belongs to a friend of mine
that has obvious signs of adrenal disease, and asked if anyone would want
to adopt this ferret or donate $ to help pay for adrenal surgery.  Well,
I also asked many of my pro-animal friends and have managed to raise over
$100 so far.  This little girl has weighed very heavily on my mind ever
since I discovered her plight.  I have finally decided to "rescue" her
myself - I hope I am making the right decision, but I just can't stand to
think of her all alone and neglected and needing medical care, which
brings me to my question.

Since this will be her 3rd home, I know the transition will be stressful
to her, but she is also in very bad need of adrenal surgery.  I hate to
put her through both stressful things at the same time, but I also hate
to put off the surgery for too long, for fear of complications, etc.  For
those of you who have experience with these issues, how long should I give
her to get adjusted to her new home before putting her through the stress
of surgery (provided she is a good candidate for surgery of course)?  What
would you advise?

Thanks,
Holly
Tigger & Pooh