From:
Chris Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 1994 00:16:00 -0500
Michelle said

>But, I went back to issue 745 and (Objectivly) read it,  I cannot see where
>there was any direct finger pointing going on.  Could it be possible that the
>Davis' letter was just posted in bad timing with the loss of Antigone?

He stated specifically "in this ``board''".  There are no other candidates.

And I can't help remarking on:

>If Chris felt the topic was too inflammatory or the message too offensive to
>some members, he could and should have spared their feelings by blocking the
>message. It is somewhat inconsistent for him to excoriate me after the fact --
>">I don't want to let this pass for normal behaviour on the FML<" -- for
>exposing FMLers to language he himself allowed to be posted.

This is a rather remarkable position to take, that somehow I'm responsible
for someone else's words.  In retrospect, it was a mistake in judgement to
let it through.  But if I were to be held responsible for the contents of
messages in this forum, prudence suggests that I'd be insane to continue
to operate the FML.

In any event, this issue has run its course.  I will be rejecting any
further messages on this topic.