From:
Chana Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 02:32:25 EDT
>the guy - for whatever reason - knew what he wanted in a ferret - and
>should not have been judged so harshly - based soley on the fact that
>he didn't want a sable ferret.

I find this kind of humorous, because when I got my first ferret (a
sable, coincidentally), her cagemate was an albino.  I said "NO WAY would
I *ever* want an albino...those pink eyes creep me out!"  But true love
won out, because when I went to work one day and the albino cagemate was
GONE, I was broken hearted...until my boss said "take that albino home
with you -- he got out last night and ate a cockatiel!"  Sure enough,
there was my little Snowball, curled up in a "sick cage" in the back
room, with a terrible stomach ache from his late-night snack.  I gathered
him into my arms, and haven't stopped loving him (or his pink eyes, which
aren't creepy at all!) since.

Sometimes experience can win out over prejudice.  Wish people would all
do the same for each other, as well as for their pets!

Take care,
Chana