From:
Rachel&Jason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 20:39:23 -0400
This is in response to Amy Flemming's post from yesterday.

I would like to clear up a few misconceptions.

First, the Tristate Ferret Connection is not now, nor has it been, nor will
it ever be the GLFA.  We do not follow the same show procedures and do not
plan to.  Not that the GLFA is bad organization or that their procedures are
faulty in any way, but we do not mimic them.

Second, in YOUR opinion, neutering at 12 weeks is too young.  I don't
recommend YOU alter them that young.  I do not feel that a ferret sold to
a member of the general public should go unaltered, especially when the
possibility for a young female to go into heat exists at that age.

I apologize if there was confusion because the print was not big enough
to be noticed as extraordinary, but you saw it and I think others will
see it also.

As far as breeders expanding bloodlines through aquisition at shows, we do
understand that this is when many exchanges take place.  I take exception to
the fact that you implied that there would be one breeder with an available
bloodline.  If you read the rules you would know that there will be NO kits
for sale unaltered, from ANY breeder.

Now, to contridict myself.  If breeders wish to set up sales with other
responsible breeders during the show or that weekend in Cincinnati, these
sales can be conducted off the show floor and outside of show hours.

Finally, one of the missions of the club is to place older ferrets and
rescues in good homes.  We feel that kits are an easy sale and would like
to encourage breeders and shelters to bring ferrets that are a little older
and give them the good homes that they deserve.

Sincerely,

Rachel Gay
President Tristate Ferret Connection
Registrar  Ferret Extravaganza '98