From:
Michelle Z Matta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 1996 11:11:26 -0400
TAIL WAGGING
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our male does this.  He's just shy of 1 year old.  He only wags his tail
when he's playing chase and he's got to be pretty hyped.  The most
frequently spotted wagging takes place in the dryer hose.  If one of the
girls goes in one end, he'll go in the other end and they have a stare off,
and you see his tail twirling around.  Sometimes he does in chasing them
under the couch.  We'll see his butt sticking out and he must be having a
face-off with someone under there because his tail starts spinning.

Out of the 5 girls, I've only seen one do this, and only one time.  All the
ferrets were at my feet waiting for breakfast (a canned of moist food &
cheerios) and Snowball was so excited about getting her breakfast she asked
to be picked up and when I complied, her tail started wagging in
anticipation.

So the wagging I've observed from my crew has been done out of excitement,
not anger.  Hey, to each their own, huh?  What personalities they have.

- Mish

Carnegie Mellon University......Athletic Dept
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/mish/home.html
(Departmental)....http://www.cmu.edu/athletic