From:
Melissa McDaniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 05:19:52 -0400
Debi, your story cracked me up.  Made me wonder how many people out there
have funny stories to share.  Lisette's post made me think of all the
touching stories we have.  Then I thought about compiling a collection of
stories by ferret owners... sort of like the chicken soup for the soul
books.  (LOL "Ferretvite for the soul...It's sweet, good for you and
makes you happy!)

I actually liked the idea so much that over the course of the last few
hours I've decided I think I want to try to put something together.
Maybe it could even be used to raise funds for research or for needy
shelters.  If anyone wants to make a contribution email me.  I wouldn't
alter anything written unless you mention in it that I might need to
run it through my spell check.  Stories can be funny or touching or
inspirational.  They can be sent anonymously or dedicated to certain
individuals... If anyone has any ideas or opinions on how to make this
come together email me.  I'd love to hear any suggestions!  I'm kind of
excited with my idea.  Everyone I know is always hearing a new ferret
story (weather they like it or not usually LOL)And I think we all know
just how much they touch our lives.  This would be a really nice way
to share all those little things we love so much. (literally and
figuratively!)