Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 22:56:45 -0500
Someone asked what were good products to use for cleaning floors with for
ferret owners.

DO NOT use "PineXXX" (you figure out the last 3 letters of this popular
name brand pine cleaning product) or any other "pine" type cleaners.  My
vet said that is it VERY dangerous because of at least one ingredient in
particular called creosote.  I have lost 4 count them 4 of my beloved furry
children to failed livers at young ages because we used this on our floors
to make them clean and fresh and sanitized.  They eat treats off the floor
walk on the floor and lick themselves after playing on the floor and a few
other things you do on floors when you're of the ferret persuasion.

I had biopsies done on all of the deceased fuzzies.  They had greenish
yellow livers and she knew what caused it before I even told her about what
we used to clean our floors.  She point out asked me if I used "PineXXX" to
clean my floors and I said yes.  Well long story shortened a bit, every
single bottle of pine ANYTHING in my house was thrown out and forever
banished to be used ever in my presence.

My thought for the day as well is also if this "product" can do this
horrible damage to ferrets, what can it do to the cute human babies it
shows on TV crawling on a freshly PineXXX mopped floor?

Use some vinegar water or a touch of a biodegradable soap cleaner if you
must to clean your floors!

Joey and the we hate "Pinexxx" ferret patrol!