From:
Shari Diane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 10:53:19 -0400
Dear Triangle Ferret Lovers and FML posters:

"Ferret" was adopted Thursday night by a loving & caring family.  The owners
of three fuzzballs, came over with one fert in tow, to see if he would get
along with "Ferret".  "Ferret" was accepted by Buster the Big.  With great
difficultly, I tried to mask my sadness over "Ferret" living my home after
two *very* short days.

A few of my friends have responded personally within the last two days
saying "Shari, you *always* said you wanted a male fert!," "Keep him - he's
so cute.  Chipper will eventually adjust!" and to my usual faux-stealing
male ferts at club gatherings...

Yes, everyone, I have always wanted a big ol' lug of a male fert.  But, in
true sub-consciousness (?!), as a single mother of two females, I am not
confident that I can give the full attention a third fert would need.

PLEASE - do NOT let that statement discourage any one of you in adopting an
additional ferret.  I truly believe two ferts are better than one (they keep
each other company), and that my outside commitments, along side of being
the TriFL Club Contact and Newsletter Editor, keeps my conscious somewhat
clear, I think.  (Okay, okay, so I'm trying to rationalize my lost
opportunity of "Ferret" - which I nicknamed "Blur" because that's all you
saw of him for 5 hours straight.)

Rogues' Gallery Ferret Shelter & Rescue in North Carolina has recently been
notified of several ferrets that need a loving & caring home.  Karen
Marsh-Lovvorn will be posting to the listserv (and hopefully to the FML) a
bio of all ferrets currently needing a home.  Also, there are 6 (3 sets of
2) ferrets up for sale in the Raleigh, NC News & Observer newspaper.

Again, thanks for the overwhelming response to my post about "Ferret Up For
Adoption." As my Grandfather would say: It does a heart good to see so many
people care.

Shari Gunter