From:
Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 23:15:34 -0800
I had a feeling today would be my last day with her.  So I stayed home
from work and slept with her all day.  I'd been force-feeding her soup
with a syringe for a couple of weeks now but she'd been letting me get
less and less food in.  And more and more she just wanted to sleep.
The past couple days she was turning a bit yellowish - indicating now
her liver was failing in addition to her kidneys.

I drove to the vet's around 4:30.  The vet said there was nothing more
he could do... she was fading fast.  I kissed her goodbye.

My poor little Miranda.  She never had a chance.  She was born to a
Feline Leukemia cat - who transmitted the disease to her the second she
nursed.  I adopted her from a shelter four months after losing my Tuffy
of 19 years.  I saw a beautiful, happy, fluffy kitten that I'd have years
and years of life with.  But I wouldn't have years.  I would only have a
few months.  Ten days after I adopted her the shelter called me to tell
me a littermate was very ill and had tested positive for FeLv.  I could
"give her back" they were sorry".  But how could I?  She was my kitten.
And I loved her.

I will miss you, sweet Miranda.  Find Tuffy and tell him how much he was
loved.  How much you both were - and will always be.  Goodbye my sweet
little angel.  Here's a pic of my little baby
http://www.ferretocious.com/miranda/miranda110605-2.jpg

***** Please, please, please - cat owners - get your cats immunized for
Feline Leukemia.  And keep your cats indoors where they'll be safe from
those carrying this horrible, horrible, deadly disease.

- Laura and The Seattle Seven at www.ferretocious.com with one more
sweetie awaiting me at the bridge :(