From:
Brenda Zupko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:48:21 EST
Hello all :o)

Sincere condolences to all who's little ones are now rainbow bridge
furkids.  And a lighting speed recovering to all the ill ones..  cuddles
and kisses :o)

I was glad to see in the post from the Ferret Store that they mentioned
there Web Affiliate Program they have to benefit shelters.

I have been meaning to post and ask about this, but it has been one of
those things that you keep thinking / meaning to do, but every time you
think of it... it is at the WRONG place and or time... like driving in
the car, standing in a line waiting, in the shower..  Always someplace
where you can't do anything about < grin, don't ya just hate that >

For those that don't know what this program does.  From what I
understand, and PLEASE anyone that knows otherwise or if I am missing
something correct me.  It is a special banner ad that is on some shelters
web pages.  When you click on the ad, it takes you to the Ferretstore.com
where you can place your order.  And by doing it through the ad, the
shelters web site that the ad was on benefits from your purchase.

It is an all around win / win / win situation.  The Ferret Store gets to
advertise and they get the sale.  The shelters get some much needed help.
And you get to help with VERY LITTLE effort and nothing additional out of
your pocket, except for what you intended to buy anyway :-)...well and of
course the 2-3 other things that you had no intention of getting, but
just had to get when you looked.... like they really needed another toy,
or those extra treats..  just keep telling yourself that <grin> maybe you
will start believing it someday.

Anyway, I am posting to ask if there is any sort of list of the web sites
that have this banner.  I have found a few by just poking around.  I like
to look at ferret pictures and check out shelter web pages when I have
the time.  A lot of people, understandably, don't have the time, but can
help if given the info.

So is there a list that is posted somewhere, or does someone have a list,
could they please share.  If not, I would be more then happy to put a
list together and post it.  Or if there is one and it is not up to date,
I can update it.

The Ferret Store has a link that tells about the Affiliated Program, and
how to become part of it.  But no list of participates that I can see < I
could be missing it>.

If there is a reason for this <meaning no list> or I am doing something
that I am not suppose to be doing by compiling a list to post, PLEASE
tell me so.  The soul intent of this list is to just pass on information
so that all shelters involved can benefit, and people do not have to
search.  Nothing else.

Here's what I'll do... wait a week, < I know some people don't get to
read everyday>  See if anyone has anything, or tells me that I should not
be doing this.  If I don't hear anything, I will send a post requesting
that if you are a shelter that has the banner to please email me your
info and I will compile a list for all.  Does this make sense?  Or maybe
someone has a better idea or thought???  Please let me know :-)

Thanks all
Cuddle your fuzzies and Have a Great day :-)
Happy Holidays from Brenda and the monsters 5
Fric, Tic, Tac, Toe, DaWeasel and my ferret angel Frac :-)

ps....hehehehehe Todd, as usual, great post... Too Funny :o) and as far
as the cookies go... I see nothing wrong with the 5 sec rule and brush
off... anything else and your push'n it lol :-P