From:
Joan Vick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2011 01:18:41 -0400
I have found this web site very helpful:
http://catinfo.org/?link=makingcatfood

Not only for food, has alot of interesting articles on Vaccines, etc.

I have two ferrets that after bringing a new ferret home, and a bout of
diarrhea went through everybody, stopped eating kibble. They were
eating EVO and Orijen. Both won't eat prey, but I can mix ground bone,
hearts, gizzards, liver in with chunks of cooked chicken/skin and eggs.
I add bone meal (Now brand- 100% pure), taurine, a drop of B vitamins
(same company), fish oil (Natures Logic) with a little Natures Variety
Raw and Primal Raw. They also eat my 'soup'. Which is basically the
same thing, but with rabbit, some canned food, and ground kibble. I
have tried every kibble under the sun.....and they won't touch it
anymore. Tried all the suggestions too, adding chunkier kibble to the
soup, etc. My 5 year old Shady Hollow girl looks wonderful.....acts
like a kit, bounces off the wall's. Looks better than she ever did.
But the 6 year old seems thin and I'm thinking about taking them back
to the Vet for blood work. I have a third now too that seems to kicked
kibble too, but she eats mice....sometimes.....I'm sure homemade IS
better, but if I'm not home to feed them/ make their food-they don't
eat! :( (please no food fights, I'm just sharing a great web site,
plus would like suggestions if it sounds OK for ferrets, because it
is geared for cats)

Would like some feedback from Suki (or anybody else)....on this web
site! Thanks!

Oh, and the best meat grinder/ food maker I have found, can't live
without it:
<http://www.onestopjerkyshop.com/tasin-ts108-electric-meat-grinder-p-47.html>

Joan and the Fuzzies
owned by ferrets since 1977!