From:
Lesley Colton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2009 20:31:48 -0500
The spirit of Christmas comes to life with giving to others. Helping
other ferrets through the Giving Tree means alot to the Secret Santas
and knowing that your package was received and enjoyed completes the
bond you feel with the shelter/ ferret you choose. It made my heart
sink deeper than I would have imagined to learn "my" ferret, Jesse,
had passed before he got his present. But I can't tell you how much
I appreciated emails from Brenda and Cathy (Lakeroad Ferret Farm).
Jesse's present was given to TIck and Tock (who are newer residents
and didn't make it to the Tree) and I felt great when I saw pictures of
them playing in the gift box. One of the best parts of giving presents
is enjoying the faces of the recipients (human or ferret!). Thank you
to the shelters for doing all you do, ALL year. It means so much.

Lesley