From:
Ron Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 23:01:18 -0500
>... is there even a remote possibility that HIV/AIDS could be transmitted
>via the ferret's saliva from the saliva of the ferret's previous owner,
>whose lover died of AIDS just prior to giving up this ferret?  Seems a
>little scary to me.  Wasn't HIV/AIDS transmitted from the monkey to man
>originally?

Ed,

Repeat after me!  HIV means Human Immuno Virus.  Write that on the
blackboard 500 times.

Now is it possible for you to get HIV from an animal that it isn't
biologically possible to even carry it?

Some times it is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool,
than to speak up and remove all doubt....

One thing that is really scarry about this is that you took the ferrets
knowing that they belonged to a man that died from AIDS, and they have been
kissing you (no account for taste there) and you didn't even know if you
could get infected from them!!!  That is really stupid.

I believe that there is a good article on Ferrets and HIV on I think it was
Ferret Central.  Why don't you read it.

Ron AKA Fuzzie Dad
Spaz, Rascal, Treble, Cocoa, Screech,
Moose, Charlotte, & Havoc