From:
Kate Quimby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 01:58:25 -0700
Greetings ferret lovers,

Just to let you know we have fuzzbutts in our home here in Denver,
Colorado.  Our oldest boy is 'Jitters' aka 'Bug' (7-1/2 years or so) who
was surrendered to us because his other mommy was trying to hold down a
full-time job, go to Nursing School full-time, and also take care of her
ailing grandmother.  His favorite treat was/is Skittles candy and is
aptly named for his love of it.  He is a sable boy and is adrenal, mostly
blind, and has a bit of a growth on the end of his tail (Doc said it's
okay for now, he's watching it though).

Then there is 'The Dexter' aka 'Bear-Bear' who is about 5 years we think.
He was surrendered to me because his previous family was moving out of
the country and couldn't take him along.  He almost died from missing
them so much and all the stress of being moved in with strangers not long
after his little cagemate, 'Angel' crossed over.  He's a wonderful little
guy, so shy, but he can really dance when he's a mind to!  We are trying
to build him up since he's lost some weight and Doc thinks he's probably
insulinomic and may need surgery.  He's on Prednolosone (sp?) to increase
his appetite.

Lilliput (as in Lilliputian) is at least 7 mos. now and she, too, is a
surrender and a beautiful sable princess.  She was surrendered because
her owner was 10 years old and became bored with her and because she was
pooping all over their house.  (Not being educated properly by the pet
store before he brought her home, he never bothered to keep her kennel
clean.  When I picked her up she drew blood and tried to run and hide.
She continued doing so for several weeks following.  The first thing his
mother told me was that "she never bites" and rather emphatically at
that!  Now she gives kisses and takes a small piece of raisin from
between my lips very gently!  We think she was probably 'spanked' at the
least and had all her toys taken away (if she even had more than one and
that one was crusty with poop!).  Heaven forbid if you try to take her
toy from her now though!  I commend the family for realizing they were
way over their heads with a baby ferret and having no experience to draw
from.

Forgive me for being so long-winded BIG and fellow FMLers.  Usually I
lurk for the most part, but I just had to tell you their stories and to
also tell you how very much they are loved in their forever homes.  We
can't imagine ever living without a little masked face looking up at us
begging for a treat or to never see the dance of joy again.  I for one,
could not be a shelter mom because I couldn't give any of my babies away.
You would all be on my case because I'd just horde them!  lol ;0)
However, as you can see, I'd talk about them 24/7 if you'd let me so I'll
quit here for now.

Blessings to those with dancing, sick or angeled fuzzies and their
hoomans where ever they may be,

Kate and the 3 lil' piggies
missing pieces of my heart, Chewbacca McFerret, and Frodo the popcorn kid