From:
Ann Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jun 2012 20:21:44 -0700
ECE and Lori,

I think we all have our fill of ferrets in our shelters. I know mine
is at 66 and I have two coming in tomorrow. I have read all the crap,
and I mean crap on Facebook and else where about this poor lady with
the ECE ferrets. I have watched over and over again how us, as a ferret
community, want to blame a shelter when they are either down on their
luck or get ferrets in that have something contagious and cannot afford
all the tests and things because we could not or did not prepare for
an unforseen illness. This is when we scrabble to find out information
and try as we might to stay up with no sleep and sub-q and force feed
through the night, only to be bashed by other shelters and/or the
ferret community. I myself have been bashed for reporting a bad shelter
for people to not even apoligize for it later when the shelter was
proven by others to be bad. I get so sick and tired of the bashing
and the saying what a shelter should or can do. If you want to tell
a shelter what to do then fine pay for the tests and then you can talk.

To the mother of all those sick furry babies, my heart goes out to you.
I thank you for providing those babies with a home, love, and endless
hours of care. I thank you for your selfishless hours of no sleep and
not thinking of your own health and putting those babies befor
yourself. I am sick of the bashing when people need kind words and
help. I want you to know Lori, if I was not full I would help you in a
heart beat, as it is all I can offer you is a friend that understands
and if you want to talk or need to talk, I am here for you. Thank you
for caring about the fuzzy ones that cannot care for themselves. And
for everyone else I hope you can help in any way you can also. We are
all joined by the love of these fuzzy, furry, little animals/family
members. Let's act like we care for each other too. For we all share
in the love of ferrets.

Ann's Ferret Shelter & Adoption Inc.
501(c)3 non-profit organization
Manchester, Ohio 45144