From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 1994 08:26:02 -0500

> When I took Minima to the vet today he admitted he'd never seen a ferret
> who was presumed to have Cushings go completely bald and then grow a new
> full coat - usually they just stay bald.  So I showed Minima (with her new
> full coat) to him - he had no explanation.  Does anyone else?  (she was
> *completely* bald, like Kojak the ferret)
>
> Victoria Hadfield, Antigone and Minima

        We have a ferret at the shelter named Bambi who now has a healthy
head of hair.  She was totaly bald as well.  She's also one of the sweetest
little ferrets you've ever seen.  Boy I hope Mako and Sebastian don't read
this.  :)

> Subject: Re: Kansas bite case (what the heck?)!
>
> either ever bitten me or anyone let alone drawn blood.  We all know this is a
> joke.

        I think it's more like we wish it was a joke. As ferret owners/owned
by ferrets, we do not have it easy.  In the eyes of ingorant people these
furry/friendly animals are crazed killers.  Have you ever tried to tell
someone that your ferret is domestic and can't live in the wild.  Most
people think your out  of you mind.  I had one person get in my face real
bad and told me I had no idea what I was talking about.  He said the best
ferret was a dead ferret.  He also said "for my sake" he will take my kids
and kill them for me.  Now thats ignorant.

        I think this is starting to sound like a flame, well it isn't. I
just get a little hot under the collar when I think of ferret bites and
rabies.  We had a 10 week old kit lost to system last year.  One, she
was to young for the rabies vaccine.  Two, the judge said it wouldn't
have made any difference.  It was a very dark day.  :(

        Well it's time for me to get off my podium and try to humble
for the rest of the day.  I hope you all have a good weekend.

        Brad