Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:19:30 -0700
Me again and the dynamic duo, Sasha & Snowball.  Just wanted to give
a quick update on Sasha's condition since her adrenal surgery back on
May 6.

Ever since I adopted Sasha in Jan of 2003, she had always been on the
"pleasantly plump" side with a soft, gushy mid-section although the vets
dismissed it as 'merely extra body fat'.  It actually made her look
roley-poley and oh so cuddly and I always felt that she was probably
eating a bit too much and not working those extra calories off enough
throughout the day.

But it appears that the reason for Sasha's plumpness around her
midsection was due to an enlarged adrenal gland 3 TIMES the size of
normal because since the gland was removed back in May, she is very
noticeably leaner and has far less love handles to grab.

So now I've seen everything!!!!  FERRETS GETTING LIPOSUCTION! ! !

Well Sasha is getting up there in years and prior to the surgery was
complaining that she wanted to preserve her youth and lose the 'baby
fat'.  Not to mention that Snowy (who is rail thin and eats like a pig!)
started cracking jokes about her 'love handles' and how the hammock
wasn't big enough for the two of them anymore and even went so far as to
call her "Fatty Ferret" one day when they were having a squabble at the
food trough.

So now she's "Sexy Sasha" and not "Fatty Ferret" and you better believe
that Snowy is raging with jealousy b/c other ferrets are constantly
giving Sasha "the eye!" She's a HOTTIE and definitely knows it and
doesn't hesitate to strut her stuff when we're out walking .... YOU GO
GIRL!

Happy Summer . . .
Jen, Sasha and Snowball