From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 1996 06:55:25 -0500
To Tanya:

I can't really help you with the teeth cleaning problem other than to say if
your ferrets are really squirmy, you're better off leaving it to a trained
vet or vet tech.

However, I can say this - don't use human toothpaste on animals.  That's
dogs, cat, ferrets, etc.  They can't "spit" like we humans can, and if they
swallow the toothpaste, it could make them sick.

This was told to me by a vet I used to work with.

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA
Western New York and Finger Lakes
   Ferret Association