From:
Kelly Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 18:08:49 -0500
Hello Dr. Williams,
I have a few questions.I have a 2 year old male ferret that is not
descented.  And lately when he is asleep he has been poofing....it is the
most awful smell.  He mostly only does it in his sleep....I was told by a
friend to maybe soak him in warm water and this may help him if hes
impacted?  There are no lumps around his anus area.  And when I press around
that area no liquid or anything comes out.  I'm considering getting him
descented..what are the affects risks and what are the long terms affects of
this procedure?  Is there anything I need to be worried about sometime down
the road if I do decide to get him descented?

Thanks for all your help,
Kelly mom to 4 ferrets!