From:
Sheena Staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 1996 02:36:46 -0700
>From:    Karri Knutson <[log in to unmask]>
>First of all, a responce to a few of the responces to me about the magot
>problem: I don't know about you people but I don't have the time to clean
>the cages twice a day, or even once a day.

A friend's daughter was complaining to her mum recently about having to
clean the cat box so often, and her mum looked at her and said "Would you
want to step in poop everytime you had to go to the bathroom?  It's just
impolite to keep the cat box filthy, whether you like cleaning it or not."
It was a very good reply.  So I might suggest to you that you probably
wouldn't like to have maggots crawling around where you sleep, eat and play-
spend most of your time in fact.  It's your responsibility to keep the cage
clean - the ferret depends on you for that and other responsible care.  If
you can't provide that, you are doing the ferret a major injustice, IMO.

Somehow, despite having cats, dogs and more than 30 ferrets in my house, as
well as being a full time university student and working part time, running
a shelter and being very involved in the ferret club, I can scoop all 18
cages at least once a day.  Surely you can find the time to keep your pet's
home maggot free.

>From:    Chris Nielsen <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Eubanuka
>This weekend I purchased some additional Eubanuka at a local store here in
>Omaha, NE.  They had a 16.5# bag for $22.99.

Wow.  Here, a *6.5lb* bag is $22.99.  I wish the prices were more like what
you found.

Somebody said that 20lb bags of Iams kitten are now available, but all the
pet stores here said they haven't been informed of this yet.  Was that only
in the US?  Are we stuck forever buying four 8lb bags at a time?  Who was
that Iams rep and can you let us know?

Director - Wherret Ferrets Halfway House & Ferretry / "To Err is Ferret -
VP - Ferret Association of Greater Vancouver        / "To Forgive ... well
[log in to unmask]                                   / "... That's Our Job!"
         We're on the Web! http://ww2.portal.ca/~cmc~/ferrets/fagv/