From:
Richard and Katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 18:13:23 -0400
I am astounded at the reactions to the recent issue of Modern Ferret.  When
I heard a Playboy centerfold was going to be featured, I didn't think a
thing about it.  What's the big deal???  I have always thought that people
get so riled up about sexual things but think little of violence.  Look
at movies and TV today.  The movies that are rated "R" or "X" are usually
rated that way because of sex scenes or nude bodies.  The lesser rated
movies have blood and guts and gore in them.  Where is the logic???

I would rather my child (I don't have any human children) see a naked
body than blood and guts and guns and drugs.  And, MF had none of the
above in it.

Playboy has always been around.  And, in today's world, it is very calm and
tasteful in comparison to what else is out there.  This is the 90s folks.
Children are exposed every day to sex and violence whether it's in their
schools, talking to their friends, or watching TV.  Unless your children
have been exposed to Playboy magazine, I doubt they would even know the
significance of the recent MF issue.  That is, unless you make a big deal
out of it.

Katharine