From:
Susan Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 01:13:30 +0000
I have seen a couple people (on bboards not here) telling folks ferrets are
illegal in the city of Tulsa Oklahoma..  apparently due to the fact that a
couple of sites online with listings of *Ferret Free Zones* still have us
listed.

For the record, the city ordinance LEGALIZING ferrets as domestic pets
within Tulsa city limits went into effect in November of 1997!  I have
emailed the sites in the past who still list us as illegal, included the
ordinance numbers and information for verification but have never recieved
a response nor has the sites been updated.

So, please be aware ferrets ARE indeed legal in Tulsa and if anyone here
maintains or knows the people who maintain the FFZ listings, please help me
get this information corrected.  If you need any of the legal information,
ordinance numbers etc, please contact me and I will be happy to help you.

Susan Malone
Ferrets Unlimited Rescue of Tulsa