From:
Karen Daigneault <"[log in to unmask]"@BEALENET.COM>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 06:31:17 -0600
>Karen Daigneault wrote that Galaxy D has not had proper tests and that even
>the manufacturer says NOT to use the product on ferrets.  WHAT!?  I am VERY
>upset to hear this.

No, Karen did not write this....I was receiving an answer from Diane and
Bill Killian.  I, Jenni, am as confused as you....

>Of course we've all heard the stories of ferrets that had gotten in to
>gerbil, mouse, hamster cages and made quick work of the littler critters.

Troy Lynn, do you think that maybe this has alot to do with the way an
animal is brought up, introduced, what not?  As with all animals, it is all
in "what they know"...?  What do you think?

I'm speculating here, really, just from personal experience, which is just
that, my own personal experience.  My first ferrets were introduced as
babies in my family of children, dogs and guinea pigs.  Never once did they
show any agression towards any of them.  One day Colours found a way to the
g.pig cages and I found her peacefully sleeping with them.....

My adoptees that I now have have never been around g.pigs and through a once
encounter I have learned it is best to keep them separate.  My newest
adoptee, Sammie, who has full run of the house is obviously "other animal
friendly" and does not bother them in the least...

I see it as "what they are accustomed to".  I will say, as with your
household, I cannot even fathom any of my ferrets (or dogs) for that matter,
just inadvertantly deciding to become vicious.  Even my "nipper" Robbie, is
not vicious, but simply nips because "she is not getting what she wants at
the time".  For instance...if you are holding her a bit too long and she
wants down, she nips.  She has tho, gotten 99 percent better, (me reverting
to ferret language with her when she does seems to work the best).

Karen&Manna'hoomans
Sammie, Robbie, Bubba, Hopps Daisy & Samantha
With loving memory, Colours, Morrow & Tabitha

Karen and the 6fuzziewuzzies